Gedit 3.8+ plugin to quantify your coding at https://wakatime.com
See GitHub releases
~/.wakatime.cfg and add your apikey as follows:
api_key = <your-api-key>
3. Activate the plugin in Gedit Edit > Preferences > Plugins
Note: If your Gedit plugins directory is non-standard pass it to
This plugin was contributed by WakaTime community member Ricardo Gemignani.
Ubuntu Linux 22.04.1 LTS gedit-wakatime-2.0.1 Gedit 21.0
0) Added and saved .wakatime.cfg in home folder:
api_key = mykeyhere
1) Ran install script.
2) Plugin appeared in Gedit plugins menu OK.
3) Enabled plugin.
4) Restarted couple of times.
5) Used Gedit for good while.
6) No statistics
I get statistics from Rider, Chrome, and Obsidian - no problem.
Nothing from Gedit.
Dashboards for developers, powered by open source IDE plugins.GitHub Repository Homepage